Friday, July 16, 2010

My TVS Experience

It was a Saturday when I had my first TVS or Transviginal Sonogram experience.

I had to wake up very early because the schedule given to me by my obgyn was between seven in the morning to nine in the morning. I asked my husband to accompany me to the hospital but unfortunately he was not feeling well so I had to go there alone.

When I got to the hospital, I was already the eleventh patient to be ultrasound. While waiting for my turn, I have to go to the billing station and charge the payment to my health insurance. When I got back to the ultrasound room, I was already being called in for the said procedure.

While waiting for the doctor in the lobby, I could hear in the other room the ongoing ultrasound of a pregnant woman. I could hear her baby's heartbeat. I was all the more eager to get pregnant and experience what its like to hear my own baby's heartbeat and share that experience with my husband. I'll probably be so emotional when that happens.

When it was my turn, the assisting nurse asked me if I wanted to change into a lab gown, I told her that I won't be using their lab gown since I was wearing a dress. So she just told me to take my underwear off and wait on the ultrasound bed.


It was my first time to see a bed like that. It was a hospital bed cut in half. So the bed only supported my upper body and their was some foot pedal (i think) where I placed both my feet on it. Beside the bed was the TVS machine, with all its monitor and buttons. Across the bed, attached to the wall was a flat screen monitor/tv where the patient can see the images inside their uterus / ovary. Placed on the TVS machine was an instrument that looked thinner than a dildo and it has a condom on it. That was what the doctor used to view what's inside my reproductive system.

When my obgyn came in, she immediately took the "thin dildo like" instrument and pour a large amount of lubricant on the instrument and then she asked me to relax and simply breathe in. Then she placed the instrument inside me and began exploring my insides. She told me that there is an egg cell in my right ovary. That was good news and I was happy. I thought that after my ultrasound, I will call my husband and try to make a baby. (hehehe) But I wasn't expecting that there is some bad news coming. The doctor then muttered something like, "there's something else I see in here". Then she tactfully blurted what she saw - "Den, in your left ovary, there's a TUMOR." And my world collapsed.

I was speechless for a couple of minutes. My brain was having a hard time comprehending the term she used. A tumor for me is synonymous to cancer. I got scared. Am I gonna die now? Then, as if she sensed my confusion, she immediately told me that the tumor is benign. But I need to be operated so that she can scrape the "dermoid cyst" (medical term) before any complications can occur.

After the whole TVS experience, I felt like I was floating on air. I called both my mom and my husband and inform them of my ultrasound result. Both reassured me that I will be fine. But I cannot help it, I still feel scared.

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete